UPDATED: BREAKING NEWS: April 5th Sunday Service on Facebook will indeed occur on Bloom's Facebook Live only, not Rev Kev's.
Due to a last minute, Riverside County order, we are unable to meet at our church office to conduct the Facebook Live broadcast of our Sunday Service this week. Instead, Rev Steve Wayles, who was scheduled to do guest commentary, shall lead us in the lesson, commentary, communion, and prayer. We apologize for the late notice. Bloom leadership will be meeting this Tuesday to arrange for conducting internet services going forward in a new way. Notices will be emailed and posted here once we have made such arrangements for Services starting Sunday, April 12th.
Our Sunday service will only be able to broadcast from the Bloom Facebook Page Live on Sunday at 10 am. Please check this section later next week to find new instructions for services starting April 12th.
Go to: https://www.facebook.com/bloominthedesertministriesucc/ then "Like" the page, then click on the "videos" link to connect.
The service will also be available on our YouTube channel on Thursday at: https://www.youtube.com/user/BloomInTheDesert/videos
In response to public health protocols advising social-distancing and our care for one another, we have temporarily suspended our in-person worship services at the Demuth Community Center. Caring for the most vulnerable people among us is the right and loving thing to do, and we know the way to do that is to wash our hands and practice social-distancing.
Bloom Cares: Coronavirus (Covid19) Information
Please know that Bloom is taking carefully considered steps to minimize any risk to those wishing to attend services, Details shall be posted here the day after our monthly Open Leadership Meeting of March 11th.
We recognize the instinct for fear and irrational behavior in times as these. We also recognize our role as church and a denomination that has historically been a place of comfort, support, and reason.
The following is list of CDC recommended, everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, such as this:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you have flu symptoms stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone, except to get medical care.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
Bloom leadership will continue to monitor the situation and provide health updates here if the situation changes.
Liberal Protestant Church: Inclusive, Open and Affirming, Reconciling
Bloom in the Desert Ministries is an open and affirming United
Church of Christ and Reconciling Ministries congregation that
worships weekly and connects daily with our community for good.
All are welcome.
We focus on:
- Spiritual and personal development
Worship, music, Bible study, book clubs, lending library
- Relieving food insecurity
Lunch Mondays and Tuesdays, food bank support
- School children’s benevolence
Backpacks, church camp scholarships, Christmas gift cards
- National church’s wider mission
“5 for 5” UCC mission offerings, disaster relief
- Loving presence
Birthday/anniversary cards, eyeglasses, recycling, Us+Plus local outreach