Please join us for Bloom’s virtual Sunday worship services at 10am, with preservice music starting a few minutes prior. To view the service on Facebook, you must be registered with Facebook. If you wish to have Sunday program and song sheets, scroll down on this page to the electronic newsletter sign-up box. “BloomNotes” is published weekly on Fridays and will have links to the documents so you can access them and print them if you like.
Visit the Bloom in the Desert Ministries Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/bloominthedesertministriesucc/
Scroll down past "Photos" and "Videos" sections until you see the “Posts” section. A picture of the service with a link should appear near the top of this section. Click on the link to view the live service.
Be aware that the "Video" section only has links to prior services and not the current, live one. Scroll a little further to the "Posts" section for the live broadcast link.
You may also find the service live on the Kevin A Johnson Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kevin.a.johnson.98 Some people find this location easier to access. Follow the same instructions to locate the service in the "Posts" section.
Please be patient. If you get to the page before we initiate the broadcast, it will not be there. It will come on when we go live.
If you do not wish to join Facebook, you will find the service on Bloom’s YouTube channel as soon as we get it uploaded by early afternoon Pacific Daylight Time: https://www.youtube.com/user/BloomInTheDesert
Bloom Cares: Coronavirus (Covid19) Information
The following is list of CDC recommended, everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, such as this:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you have flu symptoms stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone, except to get medical care.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
Bloom leadership will continue to monitor the situation and provide health updates here if the situation changes.
Liberal Protestant Church: Inclusive, Open and Affirming, Reconciling
Sign Up for our Weekly Newsletter
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.
Bloom in the Desert Ministries is an open and affirming United
Church of Christ and Reconciling Ministries congregation that
worships weekly and connects daily with our community for good.
All are welcome.
We focus on:
- Spiritual and personal development
Worship, music, Bible study, book clubs, lending library
- Relieving food insecurity
Lunch Mondays and Tuesdays, food bank support
- School children’s benevolence
Backpacks, church camp scholarships, Christmas gift cards
- National church’s wider mission
“5 for 5” UCC mission offerings, disaster relief
- Loving presence
Birthday/anniversary cards, eyeglasses, recycling, Us+Plus local outreach